This area contains the Ca’n Vidalet bodega which produces a fine selection of wines from home produced imported grape varieties including Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Syrah. Their white wines come from Moscatel (the Muscat grape), Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay grape varieties which give what is described as a fresh and fruity taste and is an excellent accompaniment to local cuisine.
The winery was established in 1996 in the foothills of the Serra De Tramuntana where the soil is composed of poor quality limestone and this natural environment has long been appreciated as producing wines of a distinctly characteristic taste.
Examples of some of Ca’n Vidalet’s fine wines are:
- Blanc de Blancs – a fruity, elegant and refreshing wine perfect with light summer dishes.
- Ses Pedres – a Chardonnay with characteristic aromas marked by limestone and a touch of oak.
- Dolç de Cecili – a fine wine from the Moscatell grape.
- So del Xiprer – a harmony of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon aged for 12 months in French oak barrels.
- Terra Fusca – this unique wine from the Syrah grape is the epitome of the wine terroir for this region. Wine terroir can be best described as being the effect that the natural environment, topography and climate has on the taste of an individual grape.
Visitors are welcome at the Bodega located on the road between Pollença and Alcúdia; Monday to Friday from 9.00am until 5.00pm (winter) closed between 1.00 – 2.00pm and Monday to Friday from 9.00am until 6.00pm (summer) closed between 1.00pm and 2.00pm.
Telephone: +34 971 531 719