The winery produces around 100,000 bottles of wine annually including some multi award winning reds, rosés, whites and a sweet white made from frozen grapes.
The main white grape preferred is the Mediterranean Malvasia with a soft elegant taste and intense aroma. Red grape varieties are Syrah, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon which are perfectly suited to the soil and climate conditions of the area.
Examples of Mortitx award winning wines are:
- Mortitx Rosé Wine – a delicious summer fruity wine.
- L’Ergull White Wine – from the Malvasia grape variety and fermented and matured in new French Oak barrels. This wine has won two gold awards.
- Rodal Pla – This fine red wine is matured in oak barrels and has an intense aroma of blackberry and cherry, excellent with red meat and cheese.
- L’u Red Wine – this exceptional red wine has won numerous international awards and is the king of all the wines produced at Mortitx. It has an intense purple colour and its bouquet expresses grilled coffee, marmalade and berries.
- Dolç de Gel – this is a sweet white wine best served at about 8°C. It is an excellent dessert accompaniment and is also ideal with foie gras, blue cheese or even enjoyed on its own as an aperitif.
Visitors are welcome at the Bodega which is located on the road between Pollença and Lluc. Opening times for wine tasting, sales and guided tours are Monday to Friday from 8.00am until 4.00pm (October to March) and Monday to Saturday from 8.00am until 4.00pm (April to September).
Telephone: +34 971 533 889